Leek Soup

Can we come over our prejudices and enjoy that once was loathed? Let’s make a delicious leek soup to see the power of onions!

As I lately have a little time, I had been searching on the web last week. Attempting to find new, exciting ideas, inspiring dishes that I’ve never tested before, to impress my loved ones with. Searching for quite some time but could not come across too many interesting things. Right before I thought to give up on it, I stumbled on this delicious and simple treat simply by chance at Suncakemom. It seemed so fabulous on its snapshot, that called for prompt action.

It was not difficult to imagine the way it is made, its taste and just how much my hubby will probably want it. Mind you, it is extremely simple to keep happy the man in terms of puddings. Anyways, I went to the blog and then followed the step-by-step instuctions that had been combined with wonderful pictures of the operation. It really makes life much easier. I could suppose it is a bit of a hassle to shoot snap shots in the midst of cooking in the kitchen as you may typically have sticky hands so that i really appreciate the time and energy she devote to make this blogpost .

With that in mind I am encouraged presenting my very own recipes in a similar fashion. Many thanks the concept.

I was tweaking the original recipe create it for the taste of my family. Need to tell you it absolutely was an awesome outcome. They prized the taste, the overall look and loved having a treat like this during a busy workweek. They basically demanded more, more and more. Thus the next occasion I am not going to commit the same mistake. I’m likely to twin the amount to get them delighted.

You can find the original Leek Soup at SunCakeMom

Cut the leek into 4 parts along the long side without cutting it all the way through the end where the roots are. Rinse the leek and remove the roots too.

Remove the dried and the tough looking thick green bits too. Keep the light green looking tender parts.

Slice the leek up finely.

Heat oil in a pan and on high heat saute the sliced up leek until it collapses to about half of its size for about 3-5 minutes. We can use many more additional vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts or carrots. Mind that most vegetables needs 5 – 10 minutes sauteing time so start with those and only when they are tender enough, add the leek.

Fill the pan up with the broth. If we haven’t got our homemade broth or leftover chicken soup ready, just use some sort of ready made stock or even water with bouillon cubes.

Bring it to boil and add the cream. Let the flavors settle for a couple of minutes before serving.

Comments