Russian Tea Cakes

Do we choose our names or the name chooses us? Let’s make some Russian Tea Cake and see if it was happier with another one!

As I currently have a little time, I had been searching on the web yesterday. Attempting to find fresh, intriguing tips, inspirational meals that We have never tested before, to delight my family with. Hunting for a while unfortunately could not come across any interesting stuff. Just before I wanted to give up on it, I came upon this tempting and simple treat by chance. The dessert looked so mouth-watering on its snapshot, that required quick action.

It had been simple enough to imagine the way it’s made, its taste and how much my husband will like it. Actually, it is very simple to delight the man in terms of desserts. Anyhow, I visited the blog: Suncakemom and followed the step-by-step instuctions which were coupled with wonderful photographs of the task. It just makes life rather easy. I can imagine that it is a slight hassle to take snap shots in the midst of baking in the kitchen as you may normally have sticky hands so I pretty appreciate the effort and time she placed in to build this blogpost .

That being said I am inspired to present my very own formulas in a similar fashion. Many thanks for the concept.

I was tweaking the main mixture to make it for the taste of my loved ones. Need to tell you that it was an incredible success. They prized the taste, the overall look and enjoyed getting a treat like this during a lively week. They ultimately demanded even more, more and more. Hence next time I am not going to make the same miscalculation. I am going to twin the amount to make them pleased.

This was made possible through SunCakeMom who provided the original Russian Tea Cakes.



Old school

Chop the nuts to convenient size. We can use a mixture of nuts or our favorite one.

Add flour, butter, half of the sweetener, vanilla extract, salt and the chopped nuts into a mixing bowl.

Knead everything together.

Roll the dough into a log so it will be easier to measure out similar sized balls.

Measure out the desired sized balls. We like walnut sized balls that are about 0.7 oz / 20g.

Roll the dough into balls then place them onto a parchment lined baking tray.

Place them into a 375°F / 180°C oven until golden brown spots start to appear on them for about 30 minutes. Later they will be a bit more forgiving but now handle them with care.

Spread the other half of the powdered sweetener on a tray and roll the hot balls into until all sides are covered.

Sift a bit more powdered sweetener over the cookies then serve.

Comments