Hazelnut Cookies

Is store-bought cookies worth more than the ones granny made? Let’s make some tasty, yet healthy hazelnut cookies and find it out!

As I lately have a little time, I was looking on the web a few days ago. Attempting to find new, interesting thoughts, inspirational meals that I’ve never used before, to impress my loved ones with. Hunting for quite some time unfortunately could not come across too many interesting things. Right before I thought to give up on it, I stumbled on this fabulous and easy dessert by chance. The dessert seemed so delicious on its image, it called for instant action.

It was not so difficult to imagine how it is created, its taste and how much my hubby might want it. Mind you, it is quite easy to impress the guy in terms of cakes. Anyway, I went to the blog: Suncakemom and then used the step by step instuctions which were coupled with wonderful pictures of the task. It just makes life much easier. I can imagine that it is a slight hassle to take photos in the midst of cooking in the kitchen because you normally have sticky hands thus i really appreciate the time and energy she put in to make this blogpost and recipe easily followed.

With that in mind I’m empowered to present my own recipes in the same way. Many thanks for the idea.

I was fine tuning the original formula to make it for the taste of my loved ones. I’ve got to say that it was a terrific outcome. They loved the taste, the structure and enjoyed getting a treat such as this in the middle of a lively workweek. They ultimately wanted lots more, more and more. Hence the next time I’m not going to commit the same miscalculation. I am going to double the volume to get them happy.

Original Hazelnut Cookies invented by suncakemom.



Beginner

Pour the hazelnuts into a food processor. If we like munching on hazelnut bits in our cookies then keep some out of the fine grinding process or just simply don’t grind it so meticulously.

Grind the hazelnuts to the desired texture. It may require us to move the hazelnut meal off the side of the food processor.

In a mixing bowl beat butter and sweetener until creamy.

Add ground hazelnut, flour, egg, salt and water.

Mix them together.

Make a couple of test balls to find the optimal cookie size. Ours is 0.5 oz / 15g which is about the size of a medium walnut. Make balls from the dough and place them onto a baking tray not too close to each other as they will be pressed.

Press them down with a fork horizontally.

Then vertically. If the fork sticks, apply a bit of oil on its back.

Place them into a 350°C / 180°C preheated oven until the sides getting a golden brownish color for about 15 minutes.

Try one.

Comments