Eggplant Pizza

Is there any difference between pizzas or all of them are created to be equally perfect? Let’s make an eggplant pizza and find it out!

As I lately have a little time, I was browsing on the internet yesterday. Trying to get new, fascinating ideas, inspirational dishes that I’ve never tasted before, to amaze my family with. Searching for quite some time but couldn’t discover lots of interesting stuff. Just before I thought to give up on it, I found this yummy and simple dessert simply by luck at Suncakemom. The dessert looked so mouth-watering on its photo, that called for prompt action.

It absolutely was simple enough to imagine the way it’s made, how it tastes and how much my hubby will want it. Actually, it is extremely easy to delight the guy in terms of puddings. Anyway, I went to the page and then followed the comprehensive instuctions that were accompanied by great images of the process. It really makes life much easier. I can imagine that it’s a slight hassle to take pics in the midst of cooking in the kitchen because you ordinarily have gross hands so that i highly appreciate the time and effort she placed in for making this blogpost and recipe easily followed.

Having said that I’m empowered presenting my personal formulas in the same way. Many thanks the concept.

I had been fine tuning the main formula to make it for the taste of my family. I have to mention it had been a great outcome. They enjoyed the flavor, the consistency and loved getting a sweet such as this in the middle of a hectic workweek. They quite simply wanted more, many more. Thus next time I am not going to make the same mistake. I’m likely to multiply the quantity .

Thanks for SunCakeMom who made the Eggplant Pizza Recipe a reaility



Sauce

Pour oil into a pan and caramelize the onions then add the crushed garlic and fry it until it gets fragrant. (Check out the Low Carb Condiments for detailed Tomato Sauce recipe)

Pour the pureed tomato and add basil, oregano and salt then cook it on low heat until about quarter of the liquid evaporates. Add salt to taste.

Pizza base

Slice up the eggplants to desired width. Our favorite is the fine pizza crust that is 0.1″ / 3mm thick. Place the sliced up eggplants onto a parchment papered baking tray and sprinkle some salt on top.

Let the salt drive out some moisture for 10 – 15 minutes.

Place the eggplants into a 480°F / 250°C preheated oven for 10 minutes to pre-bake them. It’s an optional step if we want to get rid of the eggplant flavor for a more pizza like experience. Optionally we can also fry the eggplants in a frying pan.

Topping

Grate the cheese and cut the necessary ingredients up.

Assembly

Spread pizza sauce on top of the eggplants then sprinkle cheese and any additional ingredients.

Place the pizza onto the top shelf of a 480°F / 250°C preheated oven until the cheese gets golden brown for about 8 – 10 minutes.

Comments