Summer Squash Soup

Cross continental squash soup that will make us taste the freshness of summer, bite after bite. Dill flavored creamy summer squash soup to delight!

As I currently have a little time, I had been browsing on the internet a few days ago. In search of fresh, stirring thoughts, inspirational recipes that We have never tried before, to delight my family with. Hunting for a while yet couldn’t come across any interesting things. Right before I thought to give up on it, I came across this delightful and simple treat simply by chance. It looked so fabulous on its photos, it called for quick action.

It was not so difficult to imagine how it is created, how it tastes and just how much boyfriend will like it. Actually, it is rather simple to delight the guy in terms of treats. Anyhow, I visited the site: Suncakemom and simply followed the step by step instuctions which were accompanied by wonderful pics of the operation. It really makes life faster and easier. I can imagine that it is a slight hassle to shoot pics in the middle of baking in the kitchen as you may normally have sticky hands therefore i highly appreciate the hard work she devote to build this post .

With that in mind I’m inspired presenting my own, personal recipes in a similar way. Many thanks for the idea.

I was tweaking the original recipe to make it for the taste of my loved ones. I have to tell you that it was a great success. They prized the taste, the overall look and loved getting a delicacy like this during a lively workweek. They quite simply requested more, a lot more. So the next time I am not going to make the same miscalculation. I am gonna twin the amount .

Summer Squash Soup was first invented by SunCakeMom

Melt butter in a pan.

Saute the onion on the butter until it gets a glassy / translucent look. The onion can be caramelized on low heat if desired but that takes a bit longer and more butter.

Halve the squash then slice it up either horizontally or vertically.

Add the sliced up squash and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.

Sprinkle in the salt, dill, vinegar and the optional paprika.

Pour in the water and the milk.

Turn the heat up until it reaches the boiling temperature then lower the heat and simmer the squash to desired texture in about 10 minutes.

Mix in the sour cream, bring it to boil and turn off the heat.

Let it cool off a bit before serving.

Comments