Orange Almond Cake

Step up the healthy cake game with a dash of juicy orange! Traditional low carb almond cake with freshly incorporated mermalade at it’s core. Yummy!

As I lately have some time, I had been browsing on the internet the other day. Looking to find new, challenging tips, inspiring recipes that I’ve never tried before, to delight my loved ones with. Hunting for a long time but could not find lots of interesting stuff. Just before I wanted to give up on it, I came upon this tempting and simple treat simply by luck on Suncakemom. It looked so scrumptious on its snapshot, that required fast actions.

It was not difficult to imagine just how it is created, how it tastes and how much my hubby is going to like it. Actually, it is extremely simple to please him in terms of desserts. Anyway, I went to the webpage and simply followed the detailed instuctions that had been accompanied by great pictures of the task. It really makes life much simpler. I could suppose it is a slight inconvenience to take photographs in the middle of cooking in the kitchen as you normally have gross hands thus i genuinely appreciate the effort and time she put in for making this post and recipe easily implemented.

With that in mind I am empowered presenting my personal recipes in a similar fashion. Many thanks the idea.

I was tweaking the initial mixture to make it for the taste of my family. I have to tell you it was a great outcome. They prized the flavour, the consistency and enjoyed getting a sweet like this during a lively workweek. They ultimately demanded more, many more. Hence the next time I’m not going to commit the same miscalculation. I am gonna twin the amount .

Original Orange Almond Cake is from suncakemom.

Rinse oranges and cut them up.

Put orange pieces in a saucepan with ¼ cup / 50ml water.

Put saucepan in the cooktop and bring it to boil.

Turn heat to low then cook oranges for half to one hour with the lid on.

Take it of the heat and let it cool down then puree it with a blender.

Preheat oven 350°F / 180°C.

Separate eggs and put them into two medium size mixing bowls.

Beat yolks with the agave syrup and vanilla extract until light yellow.

Mix in the ground almonds and the orange.

Beat egg whites until hard peaks form.

Fold egg whites in with the batter.

Pour batter into the baking tray and put it in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until it’s golden brown.

Let it cool down before serving it.

Comments