Tarta De Santiago Recipe

Tarta de Santiago is a no nonsense almond cake that requires little time and even less skill or effort. Naturally gluten-free cake for the long weekdays.

As I lately have some time, I had been surfing on the web last week. Trying to get new, fascinating tips, inspiring recipes that I have never used before, to astonish my loved ones with. Searching for quite some time unfortunately could not come across too many interesting things. Just before I wanted to give up on it, I found this delightful and easy dessert by chance. The dessert seemed so tempting

on its image, it required urgent actions.

It absolutely was not so difficult to imagine just how it is made, how it tastes and how much my hubby is going to enjoy it. Actually, it is extremely easy to impress the man when it comes to cakes. Anyways, I went to the site: Suncakemom and followed the step by step instuctions that were accompanied by wonderful shots of the operation. It just makes life rather easy. I can imagine that it’s a bit of a effort to shoot snap shots down the middle of baking in the kitchen as you may most often have gross hands so I really appreciate the time and energy she put in for making this blogpost .

With that in mind I am inspired to present my personal formulas in a similar fashion. Thanks for the idea.

I had been tweaking the original mixture to make it for the taste of my loved ones. I’ve got to mention it had been an incredible outcome. They prized the flavor, the consistency and loved having a treat such as this during a busy week. They quite simply demanded lots more, a lot more. Thus next time I am not going to make the same mistake. I’m likely to multiply the amount to get them delighted.

This Tarta De Santiago is from SunCakeMom.

Pre-heat oven to 350°F / 180°C.

Prepare round cake form with a parchment paper.

Prepare dry ingredients, grind almond if needed.

Wash lemon and grate the skin to get the zest.

Combine ground almond, lemon zest and cinnamon together.

Break the eggs and mix them with the honey.

Pour dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir them well to get an even mixture.

Pour the batter into the cake form and put it in the pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes to bake.

Take it out of the tin onto the cooling rack to cool down.

Place the cross shape in the middle and sprinkle ground almond around it.

Take the cross off and the cake is ready to be served.

Comments