Easy cheese straws recipe

Let it be a game night or a kids party these simple to make cheese straws must be at the top of the party snack list. Easy and tasty!

As I recently have a little time, I had been looking on the web the other day. Looking for new, stirring thoughts, inspiring meals that I have never tasted before, to treat my family with. Searching for quite some time unfortunately couldn’t find too many interesting stuff. Just before I thought to give up on it, I found this scrumptious and easy treat simply by chance. The dessert seemed so tempting

on its pic, that required rapid action.

It absolutely was not difficult to imagine how it is made, how it tastes and just how much boyfriend will like it. Mind you, it is extremely easy to delight the guy in terms of puddings. Yes, I’m a blessed one. Or perhaps he is.Anyway, I got into the site: Suncakemom and used the step-by-step instuctions that were combined with impressive shots of the task. It really makes life less difficult. I can imagine that it is a slight inconvenience to shoot photos in the middle of baking in the kitchen as you ordinarily have sticky hands so I highly appreciate the time and energy she devote to make this blogpost .

Having said that I’m empowered to present my very own recipes similarly. Thanks for the thought.

I had been fine tuning the initial mixture to make it for the taste of my family. Need to mention that it was a great success. They loved the flavour, the thickness and enjoyed getting a sweet like this during a lively workweek. They ultimately requested even more, more and more. Hence the next occasion I am not going to commit the same miscalculation. I’m gonna twin the volume to make them delighted.

This is based on the cheese straws recipe from SunCakeMom

Mix flour in a medium bowl with salt and the baking powder.

Add the diced room temperature butter, yogurt and work it together with the flour by hand. The texture should look like breadcrumbs.

Stir in the egg and add a 3 -4 tablespoons of water to the mixture if necessary. Flour water content changes by the day so add water carefully as we don’t want to work with an overly sticky dough.

Knead it into a firm dough then roll it out the dough to a thin squarish shape.

Cut between quarter and a half inch (1cm) wide strips out of the the square (vertically). Then cut the square in half (horizontally).

Preheat oven to 356°F / 180°C

Cover tray with baking sheet. It’s not essential but it will ensure that the dough won’t stick to the tray.

Transfer strips carefully onto the tray.

Sprinkle grated cheese on each straw. (If we’re making the wiggly worms for kids party, it’s time to put raisin eyes at the end of the cheese covered straws too.)

Put tray into the preheated oven and bake cheese straws for 10-15 minutes, until crisp.

Take tray out when cheese melted and golden brown then leave to cool on the tray.

Comments