Aguas frescas recipe

What else could make the parching sun more bearable than an ice cold drink? Let’s see if aguas frescas can be our new favorite summer drink!

As I lately have a little time, I had been browsing on the web a few days ago. Trying to find new, challenging thoughts, inspirational recipes that I’ve never tasted before, to impress my loved ones with. Searching for a long time unfortunately could not find lots of interesting stuff. Just before I thought to give up on it, I discovered this tempting and simple treat by luck at Suncakemom. The dessert looked so fabulous on its image, it required fast action.

It was not difficult to imagine how it is made, how it tastes and just how much boyfriend might want it. Mind you, it is quite easy to impress him in terms of treats. Anyway, I got into the site and used the comprehensive instuctions that were combined with wonderful snap shots of the process. It really makes life much simpler. I can suppose it is a slight effort to take pics down the middle of baking in the kitchen as you ordinarily have sticky hands and so i pretty appreciate the hard work she put in to make this blogpost .

Having said that I’m encouraged presenting my own formulas similarly. Many thanks the concept.

I was fine tuning the initial formula to make it for the taste of my loved ones. I have to tell you it had been a great outcome. They enjoyed the taste, the structure and loved having a delicacy such as this in the midst of a lively workweek. They quite simply asked for more, a lot more. So next time I’m not going to commit the same mistake. I am going to double the amount to get them delighted.

This is based on the Agua fresca from SunCakeMom

Peel and slice up the selected fruit. If it contains large seeds then take the seeds out too! Try to choose seasonal fruits as those always taste better apart from being better for the environment and according to some studies for us too.

Add the fruit into a food processor. It may need a bit of water to start.

Process the fruits.

Some people like it with the pulp others like to filter it out. Use a sieve to remove the bits.

Add water to the juice and our very homemade aguas frescas is ready. Traditional recipes can’t resist to add sugar to it but those who are on a low carb diet or living sugar free for a while probably are more then happy with the natural sweetness of the fruit.

Fill the Aguas frescas into a jar or bottle and keep it in the fridge until serving. Don’t forget the ice!

Comments