Sauerkraut and Pork Recipe

Delicious meal for New Year’s Day? Sauerkraut and pork does not only bring luck and money to our home but it’s a proud meal on its own anytime of the year!

As I recently have a little time, I was surfing on the web a few days ago. On the lookout for fresh, interesting ideas, inspiring meals that We have never tried before, to surprise my loved ones with. Looking for a long time yet couldn’t discover too many interesting things. Right before I wanted to give up on it, I came across this tempting and easy treat by accident at Suncakemom. It seemed so mouth-watering on its image, it called for prompt action.

It absolutely was not difficult to imagine how it is created, how it tastes and just how much my hubby is going to like it. Mind you, it is rather simple to impress the guy in terms of puddings. Anyway, I got into the blog and simply used the precise instuctions that were combined with great photographs of the process. It really makes life much easier. I could suppose it’s a bit of a inconvenience to shoot photos in the midst of cooking in the kitchen as you may normally have gross hands thus i seriously appreciate the hard work she put in to make this blogpost .

With that in mind I’m inspired presenting my own, personal recipes in a similar fashion. Thanks for the thought.

I was fine tuning the main formula create it for the taste of my family. Need to mention it had been an incredible outcome. They prized the flavor, the overall look and enjoyed having a treat like this in the midst of a busy workweek. They quite simply requested even more, more and more. So the next occasion I’m not going to commit the same miscalculation. I’m likely to twin the volume to get them delighted.

Original pork and sauerkraut recipe recipe is from SunCakeMom.

Pour oil into a pan and sear both sides of the pork chop.

While the meat is being done, dice the onions, apples and garlic.

Try the sauerkraut and if it’s too sour rinse it once with water then spread it onto a baking tray.

Mix the onions, apples and garlic into the sauerkraut.

Sprinkle black pepper, paprika and salt on top.

Put the seared pork chop in the middle.

Place the lid on and put the tray into the 390°F / 200°C oven until its inner temperature reaches 145°F / 63°C.

It takes about an hour but to be done depends on personal taste and it may require additional 60 minutes of roasting.

Before taking it out of the oven, take the lid off and roast it for 30 minutes for a nice golden brown color that provides additional flavor to the dish.

Serve it as it is or add sour cream if desired.

Comments