Sauerkraut and Pork Recipe

Delicious meal for New Year’s Day? Sauerkraut and pork does not only bring luck and money to our home but it’s a proud meal on its own anytime of the year!

As I currently have a little time, I was browsing on the web the other day. On the lookout for fresh, stirring ideas, inspirational dishes that I have never used before, to treat my family with. Hunting for a long time yet couldn’t come across lots of interesting things. Just before I wanted to give up on it, I came upon this delightful and simple treat by chance over Suncakemom. It looked so mouth-watering on its snapshot, it required instant actions.

It was simple enough to imagine just how it’s created, how it tastes and how much boyfriend is going to enjoy it. Mind you, it is rather simple to impress the man when it comes to treats. Anyhow, I visited the website and then used the precise instuctions that were accompanied by wonderful snap shots of the procedure. It just makes life faster and easier. I could imagine that it is a bit of a inconvenience to shoot photographs down the middle of baking in the kitchen as you ordinarily have gross hands and so i highly appreciate the effort and time she devote to build this blogpost and recipe easily implemented.

Having said that I’m empowered presenting my own recipes in a similar fashion. Appreciate your the thought.

I had been tweaking the initial formula to make it for the taste of my family. I must tell you that it was a terrific success. They enjoyed the flavor, the thickness and enjoyed getting a delicacy like this in the middle of a hectic week. They ultimately requested more, many more. Thus next time I’m not going to commit the same mistake. I am gonna twin the volume to get them delighted.

Original Pork and sauerkraut Recipe recipe is from Suncakemom.

Pour oil into a pan and sear both sides of the pork chop.

While the meat is being done, dice the onions, apples and garlic.

Try the sauerkraut and if it’s too sour rinse it once with water then spread it onto a baking tray.

Mix the onions, apples and garlic into the sauerkraut.

Sprinkle black pepper, paprika and salt on top.

Put the seared pork chop in the middle.

Place the lid on and put the tray into the 390°F / 200°C oven until its inner temperature reaches 145°F / 63°C.

It takes about an hour but to be done depends on personal taste and it may require additional 60 minutes of roasting.

Before taking it out of the oven, take the lid off and roast it for 30 minutes for a nice golden brown color that provides additional flavor to the dish.

Serve it as it is or add sour cream if desired.

Comments